Serve Ourselves (popularly called SO Tuitions) has conducted one-on-one tutoring since 2019 and the success has been evident in all the following:
- IGCSE (Cambridge Assessment International Education/ Edexcel (Pearson))
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ)
- AS/A (Cambridge/ Edexel)
- SATs training
- Training in University Foundational Programmes
- Freshman Mathematics
We also provide:
- Guidance and motivating students who are preparing for exams.
- Coaching and Counseling sessions
- Reading lessons (see the section on Workshops)
Click HERE to get a tutor.
All that we do helps us raise funds for the underprivileged in our society.
Our work is based on the following fundamentals:
Serve Ourselves joins the effort of other civil society organizations and community centres in ensuring that all children have access to education. Serve Ourselves achieves this by sending volunteers to the schools and homes of these disadvantaged children.
To ensure quality, Serve Ourselves has done two (2) things:
- a. Training Tutors, called SO Mentors. The SO Mentors ensure that quality education is provided to the struggling children in their homes for about one month. This allows parents and/or guardians to be reached and encouraged to ensure that their children are in school.
- b. SO Mentors also ensure that the parents, guardians or teachers based in these communities are registered on the SO SMS system for continued access to quality revision lessons.
3.Monitoring and Evaluation
Serve Ourselves provides lessons, receives feedback and also ensures that monitoring and evaluation is conducted to demonstrate the impact on expected community-wide impact.
Serve Ourselves ensures that excellence and equity are assured. All obstacles for different children are dealt with to ensure that each child has a chance and realizes some measurable benefit. A basic minimum of skills are achieved by SO Mentors or volunteers in the learners before Serve Ourselves moves to another community.